The match between Manchester United v Everton
- Dan Fitch has his money on both Manchester United and Everton finding the net in what should be free prediction at Old Trafford on Sunday.
- Sunday 15 December, 14:00
- Live on Sky Sports Main Event
Can Manchester United be this good consistently?
- Manchester United will be looking lớn continue their good form when they host Everton.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team have just enjoyed notable back-to-back Premier League victories against Tottenham and Manchester City. In midweek they ran out as 4-0 winners against AK Alkmaar in the Europa League.
- The question that needs lớn be answered is whether Manchester United can be consistent in the Premier League, which means regularly beating teams that sit back and make themselves hard lớn break down. United now have an attack with real pace, which makes them a danger against ambitious sides such as Spurs and Manchester City, but they still need more creativity in midfield to achieve consistent results- According lớn the soccer today pages!
- Paul Pogba is set to return lớn training next week, which would certainly improve that aspect. For now he remains unavailable to Solskjaer. Marcos Rojo is also definitely out, while Jesse Lingard and Luke Shaw are still doubts.
Ferguson comes to Old Trafford
- Everton are without a permanent manager but have nevertheless received a boost from the man in charge on an interim basis.
- Duncan Ferguson is standing in following the sacking of Marco Silva and his energetic antics on the Goodison Park touchline during the 3-1 win over Chelsea, were mirrored by his players on the pitch. Anyone remembering Ferguson's reputation as a player, will perhaps not be surprised that his presence in the dugout prompted a much more aggressive display than we've seen from them for some time.
- With Everton linked to a number of big name managers it would be a surprise if Ferguson got the job full-time, but stranger things have happened, as Solskjaer's position as manager of Manchester United proves. Tactically, Ferguson went with a back-to-basics approach, lining his side up in a 4-4-2 and it's likely that Manchester United's centre-backs will be busier than they would have been if Silva were still in charge.
- Ferguson has a large number of injury worries lớn contend with. Jean-Phillipe Gbamin, Morgan Schneiderlin, Andre Gomes and Theo Walcott are all out, while Seamus Coleman, Lucas Digne, Yerry Mina and Fabian Delph face fitness tests.
Stay clear of unpredictable result
- It's not a bad price for a home victory given United's form, but the question of their consistency is a worry. You don't have to look very far back for examples of them dropping points in matches they were expected lớn win, such as the home draw with Aston Villa or the defeat at Bournemouth. With Everton still an unknown quantity under Ferguson, it's perhaps best lớn leave the match result markets alone.
Everton can find net
- A far more reliable looking bet at only a slightly slimmer price, is the 1.78 for Both Teams lớn Score.
- Manchester United have conceded in each of their last eleven Premier League matches. Everton have scored in all but one of their last nine games, despite having been in poor form.
Rashford can't stop scoring
- Marcus Rashford is the 2.28 favourite lớn score. At a time when he has scored seven goals in his last eight Premier League games, that could represent good value.
- Anthony Martial scored in the win against Manchester City and is hai.50 lớn score. Mason Greenwood is 2.80 after his brace against AZ, but may well start on the bench for this one.